Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last Full Day

Today was my last day off to spend time with Jeff, Karen and the family. Katherine spent the night with me last night and then around eleven we went back to my sister's house to hang out with the family the rest of the day. We didn't do much in the morning, I read a bunch of books to the kids. In the afternoon though Joy, Jeff and I took the six oldest kids to the pool. We had so much fun! At times I had three or four kids hanging on me. I worked on teaching Katherine and Anna how to float and James, Katherine and I had a contest to see who could push off the wall the furthest. I showed Emily how to tread water and swung Ben around in circles. Marianna was usually hanging on my back or one of my arms. It was a great time, but exhausting as well. Then this evening the guys watched the kids so that Karen, Joy and I could have some girl time. We came back to my apartment Joy and Karen made tea and we just sat and talked. It was so good to get that time without kids interrupting us every couple of minutes. Then on the way back to Joy's we stopped by Dairy Queen and got blizzards! Doesn't get much better than that. :)

Tomorrow I have to work, but I'll be stopping there in the evening for a little while and then they fly out bright and early Saturday morning.

No comments: