Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quite the evening

Today I had a class in the afternoon for my job and then right after that I was supposed to go to my sister's house to pick up my oldest niece Katherine for a fun evening. Before I got to my class though I realized that I left my wallet at home, so I had to swing by my apartment before going to pick up my niece. Let me start by saying I live ten minutes from my sister. On the way home I was listening to the radio and apparently someone called in a bomb threat by one of the exits off of hwy 40. Well as you can imagine they closed the hwy both directions and all the traffic was being diverted to alternate routs. So instead of it taking me ten minutes to get to my sisters it took me ONE HOUR to get there!!! I got Katherine and then we went and picked up Chinese food and finally got home two hours after I had left my apartment originally. Needless to say I was pretty tired by the time we got home. So we ate supper at 8pm and then started a movie, which we have not finished because it got too late. So we'll finish it in the morning while eating breakfast. :)

No comments: