I also went to Joy's house and hung out for the evening with her and the kids. If I've had a bad day or just a long one I have found that one of the best things for me to do is visit my nieces and nephews. As soon as I walk in the door Marianna or James usually says "Hi Christa" and they give me great hugs and when I walk into the room where they are Christopher lights up! It's a great feeling to be loved by my nieces and nephews. When I used to go to Jeff and Karen's the kids practically tackled me at the door. And I then had to drag them up the stairs with me. When we were at the pool last week I had at least two or three of them hanging on me at all times. :)
Let me give a little bit of background on why I'm always with my nieces and nephews or why I'm always thinking about them. You see being an Aunt is literally a dream come true for me. Growing up all my friends had younger siblings, so me being the youngest I naturally wanted Mom and Dad to have another kid so I could have a younger sibling. I was probably around 8 or 9 when I realized that wasn't going to happen, from then on I looked forward to being an aunt. I figured being the youngest and all I was bound to be an aunt before some of my friends. :) And I was! Katherine was born when I was 16 and it's just gotten better over the years with more nieces and nephews.
Now that Jeff and Karen are in Texas I have nieces and nephews in three different states. Four in Texas, five in Florida and three in North Carolina. I miss the FL and TX ones very much. I'm hoping to go visit them soon. In the meantime I have a web cam and hopefully soon I'll be able to video chat with them. :)
3 comments:
Foarte interesant subiectul deybatut de tine.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut, cu siguranta am sa mai revin o zi buna!
Wow what a crew!!! You are very lucky. I like your attitude. I was an only child so my wife and her 3 siblings made me an Uncle. Nice Post. W.C.C.
Aw! I was happily reading along thinking how sweet you are & then I almost cried when I got to the end & saw that you included US as part of your family! We love & miss our Auntie Christa so much! Thank you for loving us & our girlies! We hope we get to see you soon! : )
Post a Comment