Monday, May 18, 2009
The Play
Went to a play yesterday with my Grandma... it was a good reminder to always read the reviews and synopsis of a play before going to it. We left at intermission, and quite frankly I wish we could have left before that. As the first half went on I got more and more uncomfortable and was actually quite thankful for the seats that we had. We were all the way in the top balcony and if I sat back in my chair I really couldn't see the stage. You might be wondering what play we went to... it was "The Color Purple" and it got rave reviews, but the content was awful. Please take my advice and don't even look the play up to see what it is about. I was very thankful for the sermon that morning. It was a great reminder of how we need to flee immorality. And most of the first half of the play I had that running through my mind over and over again. I am very thankful we could leave at the break and not have to finish watching that play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:( So sorry. I love it when God protects me through sermons.
Post a Comment