Saturday, August 2, 2008

Olympics

Okay so there is one event that I look forward to that happens every two years, it used to happen only every four years. I'm so glad they changed the format. :) According to the official Olympic web site http://www.olympic.org/ the Olympic games start in FIVE days!!!! Of course they are twelve hours ahead of us so it's more like five and a half days for us. :)

I'm not sure what it is about the Olympics... But I've always loved watching it. I'm such a huge sucker especially when it comes to the stories they do about different athletes that have over come some huge obstacle in order to compete. And I don't think I have EVER been able to make it through a whole opening ceremonies without crying. :)

So needless to say starting August 8th I will be glued to the TV as much as possible for 17 days. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you cry over the olympics?

fenderdude said...

Whoa! That is totally understandable. Who was the girl that cries over Chariots of Fire. It can get emotional (just not for me)/

Christa H said...

i've cried over chariots of fire too...

Wendy A said...

wow... i haven't cried over either.

Christa H said...

is that supposed to shock us? it's really two scenes in the movie, the opening and then when eric is running at the scotish games

Anonymous said...

did i cry over chariots of fire??? if i did that was a long time ago...not remembering that one very clearly (but then i'm not remembering much clearly lately)...