Friday, August 8, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Today is a mixed feelings day.

I can't begin to tell how excited I am about the Olympics starting today! :) I downloaded the Olympic Fan Fare on my ipod today, makes me very happy. :)

I listened to Larry King interview Steven Curtis Chapman and his family last night. What an amazing job the whole family did. The raw honesty in which they answered the questions had me crying a few times. They are a family that is in deep grief but they are also clinging to their Heavenly Father. They brought much glory to God. I've been replaying the interview in my head all day and because of that I've been very sober.

I also got to talk to my niece Emily this morning for a few minutes. She doesn't like getting the finger pricks or the shots (who would?) but she sounded very good. She and Jeff and Karen are going to some classes to learn more about diabetes and how to deal with it. Emily told me has missed playing with her brother and sisters the last couple of days but I think today is the last class so she'll be able to get back to more normal activities tomorrow. My heart is still a little bit heavy over this, but as Emily Chapman said in the interview, God's mercies are indeed new every morning. I am VERY proud of my Emily though, and it did my heart a
world of good to talk to her this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for the olympics. and yummy chinese food!!!! :)