Wednesday, August 4, 2010
My Brother
One thing to know about my brother David, he leads an extremely busy life. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a hold of him. Nothing new there, he has always been busy. At times I have been upset that it takes so long to get in touch with him. I forget that it's not on purpose that he doesn't get in touch with me and I forget how much he loves me and I forget how much I love him and am proud of him. This is not a post to bash David or complain or to make him feel bad in anyway. This is a post to remind myself about how much I love him and appreciate him. He always pushes me to be the best I can be, he points me back to the cross. He believes in me much, much more than I believe in myself. And I don't mean that in a self esteem kind of way. I have way too much self esteem, I think about myself contently. He believes that God is at work in me and it's good to be reminded of that fact. So even though I haven't talked on the phone with him in a few weeks we have emailed a couple of times in the last week. And that goes a long way. Anywho, right now David is on this extremely tough project at work. Thankfully he'll be done in a couple weeks and then we can have that long anticipated phone conversation. But in the mean time I can pray for my brother, pray that he finishes this difficult task strong that he would be a means of grace to his coworkers and boss. And that he would reflect the Gospel to everybody he works with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment