Thursday, July 30, 2009

Theater

My oldest niece Katherine's birthday was on Monday July 20th, but there is a reason I haven't written her birthday post yet. I'm taking Katherine to see "The Sound of Music" in Raleigh on Saturday. It's part of the Broadway series that is coming to Raleigh this year. So I'm waiting until Saturday night to post all about her birthday. =) You see last year I decided that I wanted to do something special for my nieces and nephews tenth birthdays. And it took me until last week to figure out what I wanted to do. I'm hoping to share my love of theater with them. There is nothing like watching a play. Its exciting to see how things are going to fold out, will it go off smoothly or will there be a glitch? Do the actors look like they're having fun? How are the sets made? How much do we the audience have to use our imagination? And just the smell and feel of the theater brings back so many memories. :) I always leave wishing I was somehow involved in theater again. Maybe one day... :)

No comments: