Thursday, July 2, 2009

the last week or so

Sorry for how quiet this blog has been lately. It seems that I have a couple of good days and then don't post anything for over a week. :/ And like always I have catching up to do. Since I don't have much time right now I'll just list all the things that have been going on.

Last Thursday went and saw "Movies in the Moonlight" with a friend from church. The Regency Park in Cary has a movie night every Thursday during the summer. Great atmosphere and tons of fun. Hope to do it at least one more time this summer.

Friday my cousin Debra and her boyfriend Gordon along with my Mom, Dad and Aunt Sona came up for the weekend. What a great weekend! Hung out for a couple of hours on Friday night and then Saturday we went to the Duke Gardens and Duke Chapel. The gardens are always beautiful but this year they are even more so. It was a hot day and they were watering parts of the garden with sprinklers so we decided to walk through some of them. :)

Sunday was new members Sunday at my church. They introduce all the new members and give them a gift. Well they got through the names of all the new members and forgot to call my name. So I decided to just get up and walk up front where the rest of them were. When my pastor saw me he said "Oh yeah, and our church secretary Christa!" it was hilarious. Probably one of those you had to be there moments, but non the less funny. :)

And today I have four wonderful friends coming up to visit me for the weekend! We're going to the beach for the day tomorrow and I have all sorts of fun things planned to do while we're there. :) Then on Saturday we're going to see "Ice Age 3". Love those movies!! :)

1 comment:

TGG said...

Now we all know why our pastors NEED a secretary! I love our pastors. But every pastoral team needs some ladies to help with the organizational, inter-personal, remembering-things, schedule-keeping glue that helps hold it all together.

I was calling the church office several times one weekend and the pastors were there. But they didn't know how to transfer calls and work the phone system. I was very grateful for your contribution, Christa, as are the pastors!! :D We appreciate you!

Sarah