Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cute Story

The other week when I was at my brothers house my niece Emily asked me how old I was. When I told her 26 she then said something to the effect of "I thought people were usually married by the time they were your age." Her mom overheard what she said and was pretty horrified. I was tempted to reply that I thought the same thing. =) I love the innocent horrible questions or statements that kids have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, come to think of it, why aren't you married yet? or me, for that matter.

sigh. ;)

Christa H said...

i think it's one of those great mysteries in life... :)

TGG said...

Christa, this one literally made me laugh out loud! I've had a lot of people recently ask me if I'm married when I'm out in public. I'm like, "Uh, no...I'm not." And they look at me sort of half-pitifully and half-"well, why not, what are you waiting for?!". Oh well. :) We should be grateful to God for this season of our lives and use it to His Glory in the service Christ has given us to edify the church and minister in ways we might not be able to if we were married and serving our families instead (an equal calling, just with a different flavor). Thanks for your thoughts. I enjoyed them! :D

Sarah