Yesterday was an extremely rough day at work. I was passed over for yet another promotion. This was the fifth time in four years that I haven't been chosen for the same type of promotion. It's hard to hear thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the job and for filling in where we need you to and STILL not get picked. And what's even worse is when they say "Let me know how I can help you achieve your goals with this company, I would love to see you promoted." Umm.. HELLO?!
I have to keep reminding myself that God is sovereign. I've been saying Jeremiah 29:11 over and over again in my head. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." So thankful for the Holy Spirit's bringing that verse to mind.
Work still isn't easy, but by God's grace I can still go to work with a good attitude. That's what I'm praying for right now. I want my reaction to this news to be different than how the world would react. It's not easy, I've cried and questioned God about his plan. But I know the verse above to be true so that is what I'm trying to rely on. I have to keep reminding myself about God's promises (and that doesn't include and easy life).
No comments:
Post a Comment