Sunday, April 26, 2009
A new hobby
Today I did something I have never done before. Sometimes it's nice to do that change things up a bit spice your life up. :) Today I went with my brother-in-law's parents to a local lake where they taught my the finer points of canoeing. They taught me all the different strokes and we went through english gates (you go through gates in something that resembles a figure eight) we even did a water rescue where me and this other guy tipped our boat and then had to get back into the boat from the water. Lots of fun. :) This was all in preparation for a canoeing class that I will be taking next weekend. Only next weekend it will be on a river and we have to do all this stuff with moving water. :) Also instead of about two hours in a canoe next Saturday it will be more like 6 to 7 hours. I'm excited though, and hopefully I won't be too sore afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment