Okay, confession time. I’ve read just about every article there is to be read about the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton. And I’ll probably continue to do so for while at least. I can’t seem to help it. Of course part of it might be that we’re incredibly slow at work. But that’s probably just an excuse. Honestly I’ve been pretty obsessed with British history and the history of the monarchy specifically, for about 14 years now.
It all started when my Uncle and Aunt asked if they could fly my sister and me out to England for a twelve day vacation. That started a five month crash course into learning the history of Britain. We even made flash cards (which I still have) one set for each century or so and Mom, Dad, Joy and I would use those cards to play trivial pursuit. Anyway, I’ve been fascinated ever since. I probably have about a dozen books on different time periods. I know so many random facts that I’ve spotted misprints in some of the books.
All that to say I’m one of those excited fanatics about this royal engagement, of course I wouldn’t go so far as purchasing a memento of the occasion. But after all, we are talking about the future king and his queen. And it’s been almost thirty years since the last huge wedding of a future king. I’m praying that this marriage will not only last but thrive. I can’t even begin to imagine what kind of scrutiny and pressure they must be under.
No comments:
Post a Comment